Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: His pool is clean

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

His pool is clean

At least once a year, my wife hosts a pink pool party - women only, no men or cameras allowed. So she started planning. Then she thought she'd also invite our sister-in-law and her many (I think 8, maybe more) sisters to come swimming some other time since my brother-in-law's pool is still empty. But that's another topic. Anyway, when my wife broached the subject, sister-in-law wasn't of her sisters is fighting some sort of cancer and is on mild chemotherapy and her immune system is pretty weak.

Sister-in-law: Christine has to be careful about where she goes so she doesn't catch something
    Brother-in-law: His pool is clean!

Gee, do ya think?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: His pool is clean

I wouldn't worry about the pool half as much as I would worry about airborne contamination from all the people around. If they feel safe being around that many people, and the immune compromised friends I have are not, then swimming should be fine (give normal pool care).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School