Cloudy water!! HELP!!!

DoctorA said:
I'm super frustrated... Used the pool school way here didn't work and I'm following the pool guy way which I'm not sure if its working but what he told me is that the only thing to bring my FC AND CYA DOWN TO ZERO IS MOLD!!!!

Helllllpppppp!!!!

Are you not reading the replies on here?? You have ignored post after post telling you what to do (or not to do) and have put in all sorts of stuff that isn't needed while at the same time not putting in what you truly need to kill the algae (chlorine).

As has been stated either follow the advice from here (which obviously works well) or keep on the path you are currently on.

Your frustration is your own fault for ignoring tons of good advice :roll:

Currently :
FC:zero
CYA: zero
TA:120
PH: 7.2
Hardiness:300

This is after I did the bleach recommended here.... 2 hours after, my FC was 7 but something is eating up my chlorine!!!

Could it be chlorine demand?
Could it be because of the 100 oz if "pool perfect" the pool guy put? It's an organic enzyme solvent

The water now is back clear but I keep getting a white cloud of foam every hour or so then it almost clears and I see white jets coming out of my returns, forming this white cloud!!!

What could that be?
If mold doesn't deplete my CYA then what does?

Currently :

This is after I did the bleach recommended here.... 2 hours after, my FC was 7 but something is eating up my chlorine!!!

Could it be because of the 100 oz if "pool perfect" the pool guy put? It's an organic enzyme solvent

The water now is back clear but I keep getting a white cloud of foam every hour or so then it almost clears and I see white jets coming out of my returns, forming this white cloud!!!

What could that be?

Whatever the white cloud is, you need to get some bleach into your pool ASAP. Check in pool school for the appropriate shock level for your CYA, and read the section on shocking your pool. It will probably take several days or even a few weeks to get rid of whatever is taking your FC.

While you are doing that, use the pool calculator and buy enough stabilizer to bring your CYA up to around 30. Once you have the stabilizer in a sock hanging in front of a return, adjust your shock level to match the higher level.

Test and dose with bleach as often as you can during the day, all the way up to your usual bedtime. Keep at it for as long as it takes.

DoctorA said:
Currently :

What could that be?

Ok, one more time. How are you getting these test results? What kit are you using?

We need:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

If you don't have one, Order a TF100 or K-2006 test kit today. It is the only way to accurately know what is going on with your pool.

Charlie_R said:
While you are doing that, use the pool calculator and buy enough stabilizer to bring your CYA up to around 30. Once you have the stabilizer in a sock hanging in front of a return, adjust your shock level to match the higher level.

I didn't recommend that because I don't trust his current CYA reading of None. Previously it was 50 and now Zero. Unless we are sure of an accurate test, adding more CYA might make matters worse.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Right. I hadn't reviewed the entire thread, and assumed that he had finally gotten the test kit.

DoctorA, There is a reason we all push you to buy the proper testing kit. If you continue to rely on the pool store for your testing, they will continue to pick your pocket and prevent your pool from ever clearing.

Think about it. Would they be able to stay in business if they actually helped people keep their pools clean, clear, and great to swim in?

ORDER the test kit! STAY OUT of the pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.