store chemicals and k-2006 in shed?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
so im having a brand new 10x10 wood shed w/ composite roof brought in next week that will be put down about 15-20 feet from pool for lawn equipment, riding tractor, etc. my pool is a ways away from house. i currently keep bleach on back porch in shade. k-2006 kit, borax and soda in wash room cabinet in house.

it sure would be nice to not have to walk back up to house several times a morning when doing my testing and chem adding. i have some nice metal shelving that i plan to put in building for chemicals and what not...

im sure bleach would be fine in shed (as said its on back porch now)

but what about borax and soda?

and most importantly my k-2006 test kit? no where does it say a storage temp. at 95-100 degress in oklahoma mid summer, it would be about 85ish probably in shed.

would my chems and kit be okay to store out there?

thanks!

If you go through your chemicals fast you won't have a problem. Bleach is the one most susceptible to heat and light. If you use it quickly, it won't have time to go bad.

As far as test kit goes I would NOT leave it not shed. You will drastically shorten the shelf life of the reagents and possibly affect your test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.