Cloudy water!! HELP!!!

Mar 24, 2012
Kansas City
Hello... Yesterday I noticed that my pool water is cloudy (chalky white)I check the chlorine and found that it is zero my stabilizer is at 50, with PH 7.2, and total alkalinity of 180

Today I took a water sample to the pool shop and they told me I have high ammonia and they recommended that I shocked my pool With a total of 25 pounds... And to do it by 5 pounds every three hours. So far I have 10 pounds of shock added to the pool and five hours later I noticed that chlorine level is still zero.

I called the lady that always comes to clean my pool and she told me I might have water mold!!!
And she recommended that she comes to add an enzyme to the pool change my Filter sand and do nice scrubbing.....
I am not sure which one to go with as I got two conflicting information from both places can you please help with your experience thank you very much in advance

Hi, I have a few questions. Is your SWG working? What is your CH level? Did you use cal-hypo, dichlore, or something else for the "shock"? What are you using to test your pool water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.