Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water!! HELP!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water!! HELP!!!

Hello... Yesterday I noticed that my pool water is cloudy (chalky white)I check the chlorine and found that it is zero my stabilizer is at 50, with PH 7.2, and total alkalinity of 180

Today I took a water sample to the pool shop and they told me I have high ammonia and they recommended that I shocked my pool With a total of 25 pounds... And to do it by 5 pounds every three hours. So far I have 10 pounds of shock added to the pool and five hours later I noticed that chlorine level is still zero.

I called the lady that always comes to clean my pool and she told me I might have water mold!!!
    And she recommended that she comes to add an enzyme to the pool change my Filter sand and do nice scrubbing.....
    I am not sure which one to go with as I got two conflicting information from both places can you please help with your experience thank you very much in advance
    23k gallon in ground Vinyl liner. With attached spa. Pentair ic40 swg, 2 hp whisper flow single speed pump, 500 gallon pentair sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy water!! HELP!!!

Hi, I have a few questions. Is your SWG working? What is your CH level? Did you use cal-hypo, dichlore, or something else for the "shock"? What are you using to test your pool water?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy water!! HELP!!!

The lights on the swg are all green so I assume it's working ok
    I'm using dichloro
    My ph is now low (7) that I've added shock
    I used test strips and hth 5 step test kit
    23k gallon in ground Vinyl liner. With attached spa. Pentair ic40 swg, 2 hp whisper flow single speed pump, 500 gallon pentair sand filter.