New pool doing great thanks to the forum here!

kd4pbs

Jun 5, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Good morning!
Newbie here - wanted to say thanks so much for this forum! I've learned so much just lurking over the past few days. Everyone here certainly makes it much easier on the rest of the world maintaining a pool! There's such a wealth of info in here that I bet for every person that posts questions, there's at least 30 that learn from it and never sign into the forum!
My small po-man's plastic pond is doing great from the advice I got on this forum, and the best thing that I've learned is that I had to take my floater with tri-chlor out before I did much damage with too much CYA. I had added CYA to the pool when I filled it, and it settled to around 60PPM or so. So, now I'm using BB&B, and I have a crystal clear, comfortable pool now, with all the "numbers" spot on where I want them.
I do have a couple of questions:
1) How long should I run the filter per day? Right now I have it on 24/7, but I imagine that might be overkill. The plastic pond is around 4500 gallons, and the cartrige filter/pump is supposedly 1000 GPM. Would I be presumptuous to want to run it about 8 hours/day, thinking that chances are good that almost all the water would end up going at least 1 pass through the filter?
2) (aimed at duraleigh I guess!) Where do I drive to pick up my good TF or Taylor test kit from duraleigh? I work in Raleigh and live in Holly Springs.

Got my TF-100 from duraleigh yesterday. Does good! Thanks a bunch, and duraleigh and his better half are some good folk! I enjoyed the plastic tub this evening bunches with the 130 degree heat index at the house ( online weather at http://www.yerfer.net/Weather/ ). I added a fountain to it (idea from duraleigh) and it stays nice & cool! Kudos to all for this excellent resource we have.
-Matt

Glad to have you Matt. Thanks for the kind words. There's a lot of work going on behind the scenes by some very dedicated mods and myself to keep it all running smoothly. I speak for everyone when I say it's great to know the effort is appreciated. ;)

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.