cya testing. and calcium hardness testing

topher

Jun 24, 2012
toronto, Ontario, Canada
okay. I know everyone has trouble with this. but how much is the dot supposed to disapear? are you not suppsed to see it all? or really fuzzy? 2 weeks ago I tested and I found ~25ppm (top of tube) for dot to disapear, since than I have added 1kg of stailizer, and had stabilized pucks floating in my pool all week, (should be at 40ppm now) tested again today, and it is just over the 30 line.. not quite full.. but not 30... for it to disapear... am I doing something wrong? it has been 1 1/2 weeks ATLEAST since the stabilizer was disolved in my pool.. so it should show by now.. right?

on to CH testing..

I did the testing as per instructions.. I am using the 10ml sample (ithink thats the one) to multiply drops by 25.. and can not get my smaple to turn blue.. I had 130 drops in the tube.. and it was clear... maybe a faint blue tint.. but I would say clear.. not blue by any means.. could my regent just be no good?
it goes to pink and then clears.. and stays clear.. no matter how many drops i put in..

FC 3
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 140
CH - ???
CYA - 25-30?

The black dot in the cya test should be completely gone. It's plus or minus 10 ppm.

When you say ch do you mean calcium hardness or chlorine? Your description almost sounds like the FC test.
If it is ch, does it turn red?

topher said:
it is calcium test, yes it turns red.. but not blue.. just clear.

This can be hard for me to see also, one thing I do is have a white object right behind the vial on the speedstir, also I'm using the 25 ml sample size. It is clear but with a slight blue tint instead of the pink tint, maybe about the time it went clear was really when it turned blue.

Clear counts as the endpoint. The usual rule applies: once the color starts changing, keep adding drops until the color stops changing. The final drop, which does not change the color further, does not count.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.