Looking to install a SWG...Which would you choose?

Dec 25, 2011
Charleston, SC
Looking to install a SWG but I am clueless on which system to get and what advantages they each have. I want to be informed before approaching the sales folks. Can you tell me which system you would choose and why? Please let me know if I have left out any info in my signature below that you need to know about my pool. Thanks!

Hi, In terms of automation, what would that entail?
I'm looking for a system that will maintain my Chlorine levels because I travel a lot and cannot afford the fluctuation I've had in my levels. They dip below acceptable and I get algae. So I am looking for something to ensure my Chl levels are sufficient. I am fairly ignorant about what automation would entail? Does it read the salt levels and adjust accordingly, does it just supply a constant stream without measuring, what else would it be looking at? Thanks and sorry for my education levels on the subject.

I have a circupool and just got back from a week in florida ..
My pool was perfect when we got back ..
I just had to get a friend to put water in 1 time .
Thats a first , Love the SWG ... My pool was always a mess after vacation .
Not anymore !!!!

@mrswhitsie, I am curious if you did install a SWG, and if so, which one you chose? I have a pool slightly smaller than yours but similar and am looking to stabilize my Chl levels as well as I travel for work. Appreciate your insight...

You can find post of every system having problems . I just picked one !! So far
So good .after 3 months... I did oversize my system , need 30k gallons bought 60k gallon system.
You will need a good test kit , and keep everything ballanced . Per pool school .
And i also got a phosphate test kit .

barts1971 said:
@mrswhitsie, I am curious if you did install a SWG, and if so, which one you chose? I have a pool slightly smaller than yours but similar and am looking to stabilize my Chl levels as well as I travel for work. Appreciate your insight...

This is why I have a SWG. As said above, they all have their issues. I wanted just a very basic unit that was large enough to chlorinate my pool. The Compupool CPSC fit the bill for me. I did it all, including buying the CPSC48, PVC, $$$$ copper fittings (my pool is plumbed with copper pipe), all my salt (1300 lbs) all for less than $1000.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been running my circupool rj-g 45 for 3 weeks now and have not had the first problem. it is a wonderful system that has kept my pool sparkling the whole time. i just made the switch to salt this year and can say with confidence that maintaining my pool has never been easier. i have not had to add the first chemical. i have been worried the last two weeks because it has rained everyday and i have just been waiting on the pool to turn but the generator has kept everything in line (so far). i am amazed how little work i have to put in. before the salt system i seemed to be in a constant battle with algae after rains like we have had in atlanta lately.

Thanks for the insights... 2 questions...
1. My plaster is aged though not yet (I hope) in need of replacement. Will changing to a SWG and the change in water chemistry have any impact on the plaster?
2. I use a pool maintenance company now, but one of my goals with installing a SWG is to be able to cancel them and maintain the pool myself. Is that a reasonable expectation? Is is easier, harder or the same as maintaining a traditional cholrine floater based pool?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!!

It still requires some maintenance. You may need to add more acid than before. SWGs have a tendancy to cause pH to rise. I add about a gallon of MA each month and I have a small pool.

You also still need to test your pool for salt, CL, TA, CH, CYA, and pH fairly frequently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.