BBB Method with Salt for eye comfort?

Jul 10, 2011
Using the BBB Method. Pool is perfectly balanced. SI = 0.0. pH 7.5 FCC 2.0. TA = 60 (infinity edge makes me keep it low). CaH = 300. Boron = 50. CC (by FAS-DPD) = 0.0. But people still complain about eyes hurting (not burning and no redness, just "discomfort"...I just think they were spoiled by salt pool!). Wife doesn't like salt pool because she is a super taster. Got to wondering if I put maybe 1000ppm salt ( below taste threshold) that it might make water more " eye comfortable". Anyone tried sub-salt cell levels of salt?

I think this is an IMMV type of situation. I see blue, you see purple. That rose bush is red... NO!!! It's pink! :mrgreen:

Just as some people can taste the salt in pools and others can't. I know that I prefer a low salt pool than not. I think it's easier on my eyes but I can't vouch for everyone in that regard. I do know that when I gave my brother the pool in my avatar and told him to put salt in it, he looked at me crazy and when he did, he loved it.

So I'm with you on a low salt pool. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.