Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure stays the same but now my barracuda isn't working

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure stays the same but now my barracuda isn't working

Hello and thanks in advance for the help.

I just added some conditioner to my pool in order to get my CYA up and it's looking fine now but when I went to plug my barracuda back in it's no longer working. I've taken the whole barracuda apart and there is suction all the way through. I've cleaned all of the filters in the pump and we had backwashed our sand filter before adding the condition. The pressure has stayed pretty consistent throughout, around 7 sometimes a little higher when I need to clean the filters a little lower right after backwashing. Now the pressure is still 7 but the barracuda is just not moving, it seems to be sucking but perhaps not as strongly as it was before? Could this be a pump thing? Is there any way to tell other than having someone come out?

Thanks!
    12k kidney shaped inground plaster pool, single speed pump with no timer, sand filter, and barracuda scrubber guy.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure stays the same but now my barracuda isn't worki

How did you put the cya in?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Mixed it in a bucket and then poured it in the skimmer with the basket removed while the pump ran.
    12k kidney shaped inground plaster pool, single speed pump with no timer, sand filter, and barracuda scrubber guy.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well you don't want to clean the filter just yet then. I suspect it will be fine once the CYA dissolves and you backwash the filter.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit