Autopilot DIG-220 Check/Clean Cell

Jun 23, 2013
Split from post523946.html#p523946 Butterfly

I have a dig 220 as well. Installed in 2007. I have changed the cell 2 years ago at that time the ceramic fuse need to be changed too. This year I have not been able to get the cell to work again. It kept saying check clean cell.. which I did..Then it came back with Low-Amp Cell.. The volts and amps looked good on the testing...I went to Home Depot this morning to buy all new fuses (made sure they all matched the ones already installed). Came home, changed them out and now I am not getting any power to the dig 220 or the pump.. Tested the voltage coming in from the breaker - all is good... Stumped - Help please..

You mentioned checking the power to the breaker...did you happen to check the voltage to the DIG? Also, are you running the pump through the DIG or through a separate time clock?

If you are getting power to the DIG unit and are running the pump through the DIG, is this 220 volts? 220 volts will usually have 2 breakers in the panel. Make sure both breakers are set on properly. Sometimes a weak breaker will appear to be on, but is really off. Trip both OFF, then back ON.

Any by no power, do you mean the display is not lighting up?

I am getting power to the Dig unit. The pump is ran through the unit. It is a 220 v. All is reading good volts. By no power, I mean absolutely no power what so ever. It is like the power has been shut off to it but the funny part is, there is power going to the unit according the ohm meter.

ok...from the power wires going to the DIG, they should be connected on the terminal strip on the third and forth positions, with a jumper wire between the first and third, and the second and forth positions (counting from left to right).
So, with a multimeter set to AC Volts, check for voltage on three and four. This should be 208 - 240 volts. Next check terminals one and two. You should also get 208 - 240 volts.
Now check between the third and the Green Ground wire, and check between the forh and Green ground wire. In both tests, you should get 110 - 120 volts.

Finally, check on the bottom left corner of the power module. This is where the two wires from the first and second terminal positions are wired through a little noise filter and onto the power module.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.