Separate line for auto vac

May 24, 2013
Arizona
My pool guy just installed the filter and pump...my skimmer was not useable so orderded new one. Question is he says best way to do this is install a separate line for the auto vac so it will stay attached to that line take in and out of pool when needed wont have to hook it up through skimmer, also said will be able to run skimmer at same time just like in grounds for a more effective clean and no attaching and un attaching the auto vac withneach use Has anyone else ever done this and what were your results? If it works I'm thrilled about the prospect. The new filter is amazing the suction is like 5xs stronger

Not uncommon at all to have a dedicated cleaner line (either for suction or for a pressure side cleaner). It is a great idea to give you the ability to maintain skimming while the cleaner is running. With a 3-way valve between the cleaner line and the skimmer, you can dial in the appropriate amount of suction for the cleaner.

By the By, a filter does not provide suction ... that is the pumps job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.