Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wiring intermatic transformer

1. Back To Top    #1

Wiring intermatic transformer

I am wiring a cord onto the power supply side of this transformer and there is a black, white and yellow wire and a grounding lug. What is the yellow for?? It's a very poor schematic in the cover. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wiring intermatic transformer

There are a couple of different models, but typically they have more than one way to hook things up so that you get slightly different voltages out of the transformer. Higher voltages are used when you have longer wire runs, to correct for voltage drop on the wires.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It is a px100, it running my pool light (which is 12 volt and only about 15 feet away) my assumption is that it's for running it at 13 or 14 volts?? Which I don't need. I have it wire nutted off right now but wanted to be sure that's correct.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a PX300 and it is wired as follows on the primary (supply) side:

White = neutral
    Then use one of the following and wire cap the others:
    Black=12V
    Yellow=13V
    Blue=14V
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. I appreciate it.

6. Back To Top    #6

The PX100 is the same as the 300, except it doesn't have the blue wire and can't do 14 volts.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

This article cleared things up for me. Thanks.