need advise on my water test

Aug 3, 2012
Ok I just would like some advise before I add some stuff to my pool Here are my morning number

Ch 3.5
cc 0
ph 7.4
ta 90
ch 90
cya less than 30 (maybe 26)

my question is the hardeness.. when i use the saturation index round thing that came with my k 2006 Im thinking i need to add something for calcium.. im at 90 right now.. what do you use? and should I raise my cya a bit? THANKS

So not to worry about that round thing that u use to determine water with ? Is that for more of I ground pool? Water is beautiful I will just add a sick or some cya later and bring that up . Ideally wht should I be At? 40 ? Do I need to do a shocking treatment if my wter has been holding fine with just keeping numbers at good level? That is one thing that confuses me a little

Bump your CYA up to 40 and keep a minimum of 3ppm chlorine with a target of 5 daily and as long as your water is crystal clear and you have no CC, you won't have to shock all summer til you close. You can check out the Chlorine/CYA chart in Pool School along with the many other helpful articles. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.