Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need advise on my water test

1. Back To Top    #1

need advise on my water test

Ok I just would like some advise before I add some stuff to my pool Here are my morning number

Ch 3.5
    cc 0
    ph 7.4
    ta 90
    ch 90
    cya less than 30 (maybe 26)

my question is the hardeness.. when i use the saturation index round thing that came with my k 2006 Im thinking i need to add something for calcium.. im at 90 right now.. what do you use? and should I raise my cya a bit? THANKS
    24 foot round above ground(installed 8/2011), 52 inches high, 13500 gallons, Hayward pump 1.5 hp, cartridge filter, former user of the backpac system from watsons, and use the Taylor k2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need advise on my water test

You don't need to worry about the low calcium since you have a vinyl pool. I would get the CYA up to a for sure 30-40 and you will be fine.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

So not to worry about that round thing that u use to determine water with ? Is that for more of I ground pool? Water is beautiful I will just add a sick or some cya later and bring that up . Ideally wht should I be At? 40 ? Do I need to do a shocking treatment if my wter has been holding fine with just keeping numbers at good level? That is one thing that confuses me a little
    24 foot round above ground(installed 8/2011), 52 inches high, 13500 gallons, Hayward pump 1.5 hp, cartridge filter, former user of the backpac system from watsons, and use the Taylor k2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bump your CYA up to 40 and keep a minimum of 3ppm chlorine with a target of 5 daily and as long as your water is crystal clear and you have no CC, you won't have to shock all summer til you close. You can check out the Chlorine/CYA chart in Pool School along with the many other helpful articles.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll answer some of your questions. Post back with more.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School