Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: first test with the ts-100 test kit.

1. Back To Top    #1

first test with the ts-100 test kit.

I just did my first test with my TF 100
    CL in the 2 part test kit in the blue box 2-4
    PH 7.4
    CL Drop test 4.5 (9 drops)
    CC=0
    TA=100
    CH=220
    CYA=30

4 week old plaster pool. The water looks clear minus the leaves
    How do these numbers look? I was going to take them to the pool shop and see what they want to sell me.
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: first test with the ts-100 test kit.

Go swimming, stay out of the pool store. Unless you need toys.

What kind of autochlorinator is there? If it's a puck feeder, your CYA will go up, so when you get close to 50, stop filling it and switch to bleach.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good.

Just for future reference- the 2-4 reading for CL is really just 2. The 4 part is for the Bromine test which you wont need unless you have a bromine pool. Just look at the Cl #'s not the Br #'s. Anyway that test is really just to confirm that you have chlorine and not for an exact measurement. That's what the FAS-DPD is for.

The pool store will probably ask you how long has it been since your last shock? They'll tell you that you really need to shock it. Here is what you need to shock it. Shock it weekly. Shock. Shock. Shock! Oh! and your phosphates are a little high. This is what you need for that. $$$$ I am sure you know what to say.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

It is a hayward puck feeder. How do you dose the bleach? Just dump it in? Or is there a liquid dosing canister?
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by forya
    It is a hayward puck feeder. How do you dose the bleach? Just dump it in? Or is there a liquid dosing canister?
    pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals

I just pour it in front of a return. There are also stenner pumps and the liquidator. Use the search box to learn more.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!