Extra concrete at diving or shallow end?

Jan 14, 2013
20 X 40 IG SWG vinyl liner pool with AC., starting construction hopefully end of this week. Was looking at 8' concrete decking all around, but now think we will need more, like maybe 12' on the one long side and 16'. Common sense tells me to put extra decking on the shallow end, but I thought I'd ask your opinions.

Amy

9118331438_7d8e0ca9b0_z.jpg

9116102603_9d83131df1_z.jpg

9118337074_a9d6ba2d4f_z.jpg

Some views of the backyard (all shots from above don't come out clear, sorry). The orange is where I spray painted around, some to give an idea of decking. I'll send the plan but it has changed so drastically that I'm not sure it will help at this point. We were very dissatisfied with our landscaper, so we are trying to find someone new (he landscaped our front yard). You might be able to see the pegs, which marks the 20 X 40. We are doing deck jets on the length opposite our house. Diving board (if looking from perspective of outside of the house) is going on the left and shallow on the right. Probably 4'-8'.

Amy

We are choosing to put more decking at our shallow end as that is the side people will tend to wade into the pool from. We're also putting the shallow end on the more northern side. This is so you can sit on the roman steps and get some sun from the front.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.