Vinyl liner leak prevention?

Jun 19, 2013
We have had 2 Intex Easy Set pools with the blow up ring in the past. One had an explosive seam blowout, which no one was around to witness, only the after effects! The other developed fatal leaks after 2 teenagers decided to take it upon themselves to literally drag out of the shed and try to set it up last spring.

We just purchased an 18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame pool and are awaiting delivery to the store so we can pick it up. In many of the reviews, several people commented that there were pinholes and leaky seams upon delivery. I know some of this is user error... Somewhere on the internet, I read where someone had "painted" the seams of the pool before filling it up for the first time and told what adhesive/sealer to use - available at the local Lowe's or HD. I have spent the last 2 hours searching for this post because I forgot to bookmark it with no luck. Does anyone know what I might be able to use, or if this method is recommended to prevent leaks? We plan to leave this pool up year round and hard plumb it with an upgraded filter and skimmer as time and money allow.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Welcome to TFP.

Although I have read that some people having holes in their Intex pools upon fill up, I have never see where someone painted the seams unless it flew right past me which is entirely possible! :mrgreen:

With that said, Good Luck in your search and have fun with the pool. Don't forget to read Pool School and order a test kit. It makes pool care so much easier! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.