Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl liner leak prevention?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl liner leak prevention?

We have had 2 Intex Easy Set pools with the blow up ring in the past. One had an explosive seam blowout, which no one was around to witness, only the after effects! The other developed fatal leaks after 2 teenagers decided to take it upon themselves to literally drag out of the shed and try to set it up last spring.

We just purchased an 18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame pool and are awaiting delivery to the store so we can pick it up. In many of the reviews, several people commented that there were pinholes and leaky seams upon delivery. I know some of this is user error... Somewhere on the internet, I read where someone had "painted" the seams of the pool before filling it up for the first time and told what adhesive/sealer to use - available at the local Lowe's or HD. I have spent the last 2 hours searching for this post because I forgot to bookmark it with no luck. Does anyone know what I might be able to use, or if this method is recommended to prevent leaks? We plan to leave this pool up year round and hard plumb it with an upgraded filter and skimmer as time and money allow.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Intex 18x48 Ultra Frame, 6423 gallons, 2650gph .95hp Intex Sandfilter, hard plumbed with 2 inlets, a waterfall fountain and Hayward Dyna Skim Skimmer.

City water

Taylor K-2006 kit.

up and running on BBB method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Vinyl liner leak prevention?

Welcome to TFP.

Although I have read that some people having holes in their Intex pools upon fill up, I have never see where someone painted the seams unless it flew right past me which is entirely possible!

With that said, Good Luck in your search and have fun with the pool. Don't forget to read Pool School and order a test kit. It makes pool care so much easier!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter