Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Global cooling?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Randleman, North Carolina

Global cooling?

Last year I did not use a solar cover and my pool temp top for the summer was 82 degrees in mid North Carolina. This year, so far, with a solar cover my top water temp has been 80 degrees. What is up with this global cooling. I have barely used my pool the past summers. Summers previous I think I lived in the pool.
    Anyone one else noticed cooler water the last 2 summers? If this keeps up I will either give on pool or have to buy a really good heater.
    16x48 Intex Ultra frame pool with swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Global cooling?

They call it climate change now...that way they are covered in either direction.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Re: Global cooling?

For dang sure hasn't been any cooler water in Texas the last couple of years! Running my aerator right now in anticipation of party activity shortly. The current administration is fixing to beat you over the head with global WARMING! Cheer up!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!