AquaRite w/ Compu Pool T15 replacement issue

Jun 23, 2013
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and a newbie when it comes to a pool. Have an 16 x 36 inground fiberglass pool with 20k gallons. I have a Hayward AquaRite Salt system with a Compupool T15 replacement. The system is about 6 years old. Starting having problems last week. The SWG wasn't producing Chlorine. Gave it an acid bath and now it seems to work a little. The problem is that I'm having to run the SWG at 100% to hold FC and TC. My water balance is on target, but I'm having to add Di-Chlor pucks to the skimmer to help. Anyone know what could be the issue? You can see through the SWG and notice that it is gassing the water. :cheers:

Telling us that your "water balance is on target" doesn't tell us what we need to know. I highly suspect that there's nothing wrong with your swg and you are fighting an algae bloom.
Post a full set of test results and how you got them.
What does the water look like?

Also using pucks is a bad idea. If you need to add anything, it should be bleach and not to the skimmer.

Your TA & CYA levels are a little higher than recommended, and FC is a bit lower. FC is presumably low from the problems you have been having. High TA will tend to cause the PH to drift up, but you seem to have that under control.

My guess is that the SWG is working just fine, but you have a low level algae problem consuming your chlorine much more quickly than normal. You can confirm this with an overnight FC loss test, though I would go straight to shocking the pool as I am fairly confident this is the problem.

The bubbles coming from the SWG are a sign that it is working. If you want further confirmation you can measure the FC level of the water coming out of the cell, which should be higher than the FC level in the pool. To do this, open the union on the output side of the SWG just enough to let enough water for a sample to test out while the cell is known to be turned on.

gstewart24 said:
I have a Hayward AquaRite Salt system with a Compupool T15 replacement.
There have been a lot of issues reported with the Compupool replacement cells so that might be your problem.

How long are you running the cell and what are the voltage, amp and water temp readings?

I just wanted to make sure the cell was in the operational range and it appears to be. But at 24/7, the cell should be generating over 8 ppm per day and that is a lot of FC to get used up without having any water clarity issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.