Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite w/ Compu Pool T15 replacement issue

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite w/ Compu Pool T15 replacement issue

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and a newbie when it comes to a pool. Have an 16 x 36 inground fiberglass pool with 20k gallons. I have a Hayward AquaRite Salt system with a Compupool T15 replacement. The system is about 6 years old. Starting having problems last week. The SWG wasn't producing Chlorine. Gave it an acid bath and now it seems to work a little. The problem is that I'm having to run the SWG at 100% to hold FC and TC. My water balance is on target, but I'm having to add Di-Chlor pucks to the skimmer to help. Anyone know what could be the issue? You can see through the SWG and notice that it is gassing the water.
    20,000 gallon 18x36 Fiberglass with toe kick and sloping walls in deep end
    Sand Filter with Hayward Super Pump
    Raypack Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite w/ Compu Pool T15 replacement issue

BUMP
    Raypack Gas Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Telling us that your "water balance is on target" doesn't tell us what we need to know. I highly suspect that there's nothing wrong with your swg and you are fighting an algae bloom.
    Post a full set of test results and how you got them.
    What does the water look like?

Also using pucks is a bad idea. If you need to add anything, it should be bleach and not to the skimmer.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I used my local pool store for testing and I also test my water using strips and drops. Pool is crystal clear.

TC 2.6
    FC 2.6
    PH 7.2
    CYA 90
    ALK 115
    SALT 3000

My tests are very similar
    Raypack Gas Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Your TA & CYA levels are a little higher than recommended, and FC is a bit lower. FC is presumably low from the problems you have been having. High TA will tend to cause the PH to drift up, but you seem to have that under control.

My guess is that the SWG is working just fine, but you have a low level algae problem consuming your chlorine much more quickly than normal. You can confirm this with an overnight FC loss test, though I would go straight to shocking the pool as I am fairly confident this is the problem.

The bubbles coming from the SWG are a sign that it is working. If you want further confirmation you can measure the FC level of the water coming out of the cell, which should be higher than the FC level in the pool. To do this, open the union on the output side of the SWG just enough to let enough water for a sample to test out while the cell is known to be turned on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

How would I go about shocking the pool? Bleach? New readings today were TC 1.7 and FC 1.7
    Raypack Gas Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

You would order one of the Recommended Test Kits and then read and follow the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS as described in Pool School {Which you have read a few times already ... right?}
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by gstewart24
    I have a Hayward AquaRite Salt system with a Compupool T15 replacement.
    There have been a lot of issues reported with the Compupool replacement cells so that might be your problem.

How long are you running the cell and what are the voltage, amp and water temp readings?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

24/7 at 100%

Volts 25+
    Amps 6.5+
    Water temp is 87
    Outside temp is 90-94 during the day
    Its producing chlorine, but compupool seems to think I have something in the water that's eating it up.
    Raypack Gas Heater

10. Back To Top    #10

I just wanted to make sure the cell was in the operational range and it appears to be. But at 24/7, the cell should be generating over 8 ppm per day and that is a lot of FC to get used up without having any water clarity issues.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater