Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: no power equals no filtration!

1. Back To Top    #1

Minneapolis, MN

no power equals no filtration!

Is this a big deal? Not that there is anything I can do about it, but I'd like to know. I guess I don't really know what the filter does, since I was told to remove the debris from the pool manually.

Power went out Friday evening and might be back anytime between tomorrow and Wednesday.
    10' Intex Easy Set Pool with included filter, just over 1000 gallons. Fill water chlorine=1.5, fill water pH>8.2

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: no power equals no filtration!

The only real problem is that you do not have circulation to mix the bleach to keep the FC levels in range. If you continue to maintain the FC levels, the pool should not turn green in a few days ... it may get dirty, but not breakout in algae.

Just slowly pour in the needed amount of bleach and then brush the pool really well, of get it stirring to mix the chlorine in.

I once managed to go a full 2 weeks without a pump and the pool did not turn green.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!