Any luck replacing Hayward 250 H heater control board resistors?

Re: Any luck replacing Hayward 250 H heater control board re

If you can replace them, go for it. Worst case is you mess up am already damaged board. People have replaced it and they say the board works.

The real problem seems to be humidity/water getting into the electronics. I was receiving CE errors after a rain but would clear up after the weather dried up. After a while the CE errors did not go away. I pulled both boards and brought them into the house for inspection and found there was a coating of epoxy over most of the components but not all. My resistors were chard but still had continuity so I put the boards back into the heater and it worked for a day. The Florida humidity got to it quickly and by the next day CE errors were showing up again.
Called Hayward tech support in NC and described the problem. Told them I saw others with the same problem on internet forums. They don't seem to know what causes the problem but did send my local dealer a complete set of boards "free" even though my heater was several years old. The local dealer charged me a service call, installed the boards and checked over the unit. Net cost $130.00; Was glad to get the new circuit boards and have the unit checked out.
The service man suggested I shield the unit from rain, I agree. Taping a sheet of plastic over the control panel and also placing wide tape over the crack between the body panels on the top of the unit should help. Another suggestion is to get a magnetic sign that will cover most of the top and the control panel. It's been a few months now with the new boards and all is okay.

Hayward Technical Services
One Hayward Industrial Drive
Clemmons, NC (USA) 27012
908-355-7995

I have not switched them out, but I will soon. I will post once I'm done.
I went ahead and replaced both boards for the time being and it works perfect!

Called Hayward tech support in NC and described the problem. Told them I saw others with the same problem on internet forums. They don't seem to know what causes the problem but did send my local dealer a complete set of boards "free" even though my heater was several years old. The local dealer charged me a service call, installed the boards and checked over the unit. Net cost $130.00; Was glad to get the new circuit boards and have the unit checked out.
I have the same problem and burnt boards. I have replaced two so far. I sent hayward an email and complained. Told them to google the problem and see all the people with the same problem. I asked if there was a recall on the heater. They sent email saying that the local dealer will be ordering the boards and installing them. All costs including labor will be covered. That was a week ago. I still haven't heard from the local dealer. He was to call for appointment when boards came in.

Surprising the dealer doesn't have these boards. I carry two sets of these and I'm not a dealer. I guess some people do things differently.

It doesn't surprise me that the dealer doesn't have the parts. We are in a rural area and when I went to buy a pool cover, they said they would have to order it. I don't think they keep much of anything in stock. I found it easier to order things I need online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.