Can I keep my temporary pool water level low? Filter issues?

luked

Jun 22, 2013
Hi,

I'd like to keep my temporary 15ft x 48" metal frame pool at a lower water level for my six year old child. I realize that I couldn't keep the level lower than the intake for the filter. But what about the filter output?

It doesn't seem that it's using any siphon action since the input is lower than the output.

Thanks!

Re: Can I keep my temporary pool water level low? Filter iss

Hi, welcome to TFP! You can have the return outlet above water level but you will need to keep an eye on the pH. The aeration from the water splashing into the pool will cause the pH to rise. Also keep in mind that the pool may not be as stable when partially filled. The force of water pushing against the walls provides some of the support for the pool.

Re: Can I keep my temporary pool water level low? Filter iss

Thanks for the help. TFP helped me a LOT last year when we had a small "ring" pool. That was a great learning time for pool chemistry.

That makes sense about the PH level...perhaps I'll rig a hose from the output a few inches into the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.