Polaris pressure leak under deck

EJEJ

Aug 9, 2010
I'd welcome some advice on my situation on my 20x40' in-ground vinyl pool.

We have a ~20-year old Polaris 280 that keeps the pool clean. We've detected a major water leak in the underground pressure line. I had the same line repaired twice about 4 years ago for about $2000. The repair involved lots of manual digging and identified tree roots as the cause. Subsequent tree removal was another $2000.

Ignoring cost, the right thing to do seems to be to replace the entire run of line from booster to inlet. That line runs under at least 8 feet of concrete. (prior repair replaced partial line until the edge of concrete). I imagine that's another $2k, and afterwards, the new concrete won't match the old.

Sooo... Do I just plug that line and use a different type of cleaner, like an electrically powered unit? Or do I run an "over-the-deck" kit for the Polaris? I find the over-deck kits for sale online, but no explanation for what they are or how they are installed.

I would appreciate any input or advice.

OK, thanks everyone! It's unanimous. Enough with the Polaris repairs. Time to shop for a new type of robot. I will look back through this forum for product recommendations.

Thanks a lot for all the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.