recommend a good bromine float?

May 20, 2013
Bay City, Michigan
Gonna try the 3 step bromine. I pretty sure I have a grasp on what to do correct me if I've got the wrong idea. Any additions tips or advice would be helpful.

Add sodium bromide, then add my oxidizer (liquid chlorine) And I now have a bromine spa.
Get a bromine floater and through trial and error try to get it to maintain 4-6ppm.
Add additional oxidizer (Liquid chlorine) after each soak based on person hours.
Watch Ph and TA since bromine tabs are acidic and will lower them both

*anyone recommend a good bromine floater? Don't need top of the line but that wal-mart special was well.....felt very "special" in a non quality way.

*Is there any difference in bromine tabs that will make one better to use than an other? From searches and reading there seems to be various tabs with different chemicals/percentages. Want to know what I should look for in a good tab and what to avoid in others.

Re: converting to bromine, questions and reccomendations

You've got it. As for bromine tabs, you get the pure ones but there are two types -- chlorine/bromine combo (BCDMH) and bromine-only (DBDMH). Some people say they prefer the bromine-only though they are harder to find. They smell different (in the cartridge -- in water, everything becomes bromine). Also remember that if you have an ozonator that it will make bromine from the bromide bank and also oxidize some bather waste so you won't need as much added oxidizer as a result and would likely turn down your floater or perhaps not even need one.

Anyone order their tablets online and suggest a site? anyone suggest a quality float either?

Just started looking, and never looked/priced at stores (dunno who locally even has it at this point. I do see Intheswim and doheny.com have free shipping.

I found one cheaper, but says
Bactericide - Algaecide - Disinfectant.
in the fautures list, think I will avoid that one. Sounds like "extra" stuff I don't really want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.