Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How many bottles of bleach?

1. Back To Top    #1

How many bottles of bleach?

So a few weeks ago, I got my first truck. It's a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7L V8. Quad cab, long bed. 4x4. It's amazing how hard it was to find a truck that had everything I wanted. So the question is: How many bottles of bleach can fit in the truck? Bed and cab included.

John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How many bottles of bleach?

The other day I brought it into the shop to grease it up (turns out everything is sealed) and when it was up on the rack I noticed it had a busted leaf spring, and both sides were bent. So I took the springs out, and brought them to a place by me (rnhspring.com) and they replaced the broken leaf, re-arced the springs, and added a new leaf to each side. The back of my truck now sits up 3" higher than it did before. I have a close-up of the Sport badge so you can see my touch-up work. It was all faded, so I used some model paint to make it look better.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice truck! Now, how many bottles of bleach can you get in there

Wait, is this another contest?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't forget I have all of this room inside, also.

Forgot to post a picture of the engine:
    John

5. Back To Top    #5

Loose bottles or cases of four?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

121 oz single bottles. That seems to be about all I can get around here.
    John

7. Back To Top    #7

Packed to the ceiling or single layer? Same question for bed too....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

8. Back To Top    #8

Stacked as high as they can go. For the bed, up to the top of the sides.Tailgate open with one of those bed extender things. You know, one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Mopar-Dodge-Ram-B ... d+extender.
    This started as a joke, but I think this might actually be a fun little thing. I'll have to take some measurements sometime.
    John

9. Back To Top    #9

A 121 oz jug of Chlorox is roughly 8 lbs.
    Payload on that should be about 1600 lbs. But with new springs, let's push that to 2000.

2000/8 = 250 jugs.

You could probably stack them higher and overload the truck, but you wouldn't want to be unsafe, would you?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

If we guess right... do we win the truck?!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Will 250 jugs fit in that truck? Assuming a jug is 8" diameter at the base, with an 8' bed that works out to 12 bottles per row, then 6 rows across that is 72 rows. Double that so it can be stacked 2 high that is only 144 bottles. I don't think 100 bottles will fit in the cab. So I am going to guess another 40 in the cab for a total of 184.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

12. Back To Top    #12

I know my Dakota can hold 100-110 cases of Girl Scout Cookie packed as you described.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

13. Back To Top    #13

I've had over a ton in the back of mine, but mine's a Dodge 2500 4x4 diesel. :P

I picked up all 1300 lbs of salt in mine, couldn't even tell it was there. While I was there getting the salt, some crazy guys were trying to put a pallet of composite shingles into the back of a Ford Ranger. It didn't work.

Nice truck, I bet you like it a lot!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

14. Back To Top    #14

The math just got easier. I have found that Aldi has the best deal on bleach, so we are talking boxes of 4 96 oz bottles. They are approx. 12.5" x 13". Now I just need to measure the bed again. When I put the new springs in, I had them add a leaf, so I bet I could put 2000 lbs in there.
    John