Solaxx SWG $281 5 STARS

Units that are wall mounted tend to lead to problems with very high FC levels right next to that spot on the wall. This can be especially problematic if the unit is running when the pump is off. I haven't heard anything specific to that brand, but a very similar looking unit of another brand tends to have calcium scaling problems.

That unit also produces about half as much chlorine as units we would recommend for a 20,000 gallon pool.

I use an Intex SWG... I love not having to haul jugs of chlorine home and it does the job just fine. It's bare bones basic in that if you set it to run 4 hours today, it will run for 4 hours and start generating again the same time the next day. No way to program it further. If the power is cut from it, you have to remember to manually begin the start time again when you want it to run.

So far we have been well pleased with ours. The newer models have a couple of copper plates that should be removed before using. A quick search on here and someone has posted directions and pictures on how to remove the copper.

I have the solaxx and it is excellent. You don't have to run your pump when it is on but if you are able to place it next to a return jet you can set the run time to match your pump. Rated for up to 20000 gallons yet I have 21100 and on run it 12 hours (max is 20)to maintain 7 to 9 ppm when tested from several locations of the pool. The cell is much cheaper to replace and you don't have to install it on a pipe. You can easily pull it out and store it during the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.