Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solaxx SWG $281 5 STARS

1. Back To Top    #1

Solaxx SWG $281 5 STARS

This Solaxx saltron on amazon seems to get excellent review and very affordable, but rarely mentioned here. what are your opinions on it?
    http://www.amazon.com/Solaxx-SALRET2...rine+generator
    15000 Gal Concrete IG Pool
    Hayward Max-flo XL 1HP 2 Speed Pump
    Star-Rite Posi Flow II Catridge Filter
    Aquabot 4WD Cleaner
    Hayward, CA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solaxx SWG $281 5 STARS

Units that are wall mounted tend to lead to problems with very high FC levels right next to that spot on the wall. This can be especially problematic if the unit is running when the pump is off. I haven't heard anything specific to that brand, but a very similar looking unit of another brand tends to have calcium scaling problems.

That unit also produces about half as much chlorine as units we would recommend for a 20,000 gallon pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason, what is the cheapest SWG you would recommend for a 15k gallon pool?
    Aquabot 4WD Cleaner
    Hayward, CA

4. Back To Top    #4

I use an Intex SWG... I love not having to haul jugs of chlorine home and it does the job just fine. It's bare bones basic in that if you set it to run 4 hours today, it will run for 4 hours and start generating again the same time the next day. No way to program it further. If the power is cut from it, you have to remember to manually begin the start time again when you want it to run.

So far we have been well pleased with ours. The newer models have a couple of copper plates that should be removed before using. A quick search on here and someone has posted directions and pictures on how to remove the copper.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

5. Back To Top    #5

what model is your intex SWG?
    Aquabot 4WD Cleaner
    Hayward, CA

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the solaxx and it is excellent. You don't have to run your pump when it is on but if you are able to place it next to a return jet you can set the run time to match your pump. Rated for up to 20000 gallons yet I have 21100 and on run it 12 hours (max is 20)to maintain 7 to 9 ppm when tested from several locations of the pool. The cell is much cheaper to replace and you don't have to install it on a pipe. You can easily pull it out and store it during the winter.
    21000 gal vinyl lined in ground
    36 sq. ft. DE filter with Hayward 1.5hp VSP
    SWG chlorine
    Massachusetts