Opening a brown pool.

doc.mosi

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2012
Minnesota
Okay...so im newish to BBB method. Converted last summer from baqua.

Opening numbers:

pH: 8.2
FC: 0
CC: 1
CH: 180
TA: 180
Cya: 0

So added cya and muratic acid and bleach. Changed from brown to cloudy blue. Lots of vaccum brush backwash.

4th day of non stop pump running to filter. Old motor died new one got here a few days ago.

Today early am:

FC: 14.5
CC: 1
CYA: 30
TA:180
CH:180
PH: 7.5

Just now:

FC: 12.5
CC: 0.5

Still cloudy....

Two questions.
1. Safe for kids to swim? Cant see the bottom, however...I think its pretty clean...I've been vacuuming a lot without any noticable debris.

2. Do just keep on with the shocking process, brushing, etc...till it clears? (Obviously not gonna increase FC to shock levels till after kids done swimming if they go.)

I know I'm close to shock level for my cya now...but not quite there.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using the free app: Tapatalk 4 Beta.

I guess I should have been specific. I can tell if there us a pile of dirt in the bottom. Im quite certain I could see anyone in the pool.

Im more concerned about the chemical levels, which I think should be okay.

I do appreciate your comment and understand the concern over clarity.

[Edit] After much thought I realize you were right JasonLion. I sometimes realize that the answer is looking me in the face. No swimming to the pool is clear keep on shocking till I get the job done. Sometimes I tend to succumb to the pressure from my family to swim. [end edit]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.