Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator p-c-b displayed

Phigir

Jun 22, 2013
Checked my chlorine level this morning to realize there was none! Checked the control panel which I do every other day and all lights are lit, and in the display it reads p-c-b. Looked up what this means in the user manual and it says "printed circuit board" fault has been detected.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem? If so, what did you end up having to replace or repair?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Well none so far, unfortunately. Might just go ahead and change the varistor that previous posts have indicated go bad, although descriptions of the malfunction don't match perfectly, i.e. number of lights on or off, etc. Changing the part is less of an investment then buying a new board, maybe $20 if that and most of that is buying a soldering kit, since I don't own one. Have you tried cutting power for at least a minute and then repowering? I read a post where this "fixed" the problem.

I first changed the other part on the board (black size of a quarter) and it worked for a day then all the lights came on with a "pcb" reading. I did trynthenpower off trick to no avail. I hope someone has a cheap fix cause I do not want to buy a whole new board.

I ended up re-installing the board after it had been sitting on my dresser for almost a week waiting for a reply from this forum. Before I went ahead with replacing the varistor, I thought I would make sure it was really toast one last time. Glad I did! Turned out when I powered the console back on, it no longer displayed p-c-b and seems to be in working order now! I will see how it does the next few days. Crossing my fingers that it was just a fluke.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.