Ok, on our sloped yard, I marked off where the pool was going to go, found the lowest point with a line level and started digging. After 2 mornings (it's hot and humid here in Arkansas), I had only dug a 3x3 foot space. The pool we're getting is an Intex 18x48 Ultra. By a stroke of luck, my father in law, who was coming over this morning to help happened to pass a guy with a trackhoe and asked him, "How much will you charge to level the ground for my granddaughter's 18' pool," and his reply, "Nothing! Let's do it!" Anyway, here's the result. My questions are below!
Here's my plan, and I need your experience and wisdom to help guide me, since this is my first rodeo outside of an inflatable easy set:
1. Spray some insecticide all over the spot because our yard is overrun with ants. I want to at least have some sort of chemical barrier between them and the pool. (Even though that stuff smells awful.)
2. The ground is pretty level now - we used a laser level with the trackhoe. The side with the most dirt piled up (the top/left) is mostly clay, so I'll be calling that the bottom and working level from there. I thought I'd get a couple bags of sand to fill in any low spots.
3. Put down tarp(s).
4. Put down styrofoam sheets held together with Gorilla tape.
5. Insert pool.
Here's the questions:
1. There's a lot of roots on the bottom right. A bazillion roots. I don't what, if anything, I can do about those, or if I should even be concerned about them.
2. Since we don't have the pool yet, I don't know the size of the legs of the frame. Will the feet fit on bricks? I have a lot of bricks.
3. Drainage. Last year around our EasySet Pool, I had to dig out a little bit on one side (nothing like this). When it rained, or when the kiddos splashed water out of the pools, it sat on the tarp we had under the pool. Is that going to happen again?
So, it's a long post, most of you have stopped reading by now Any comments on the above plan and questions?