Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Introduction & Thanks

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Pennsylvania

Introduction & Thanks

Hi, I found this site a couple weeks ago after opening our pool to find a swamp. After reading Pool School, I've become much more educated on pool water chemistry and have started with the BBB approach. Everything is now working well (except the weather). We've had the pool since 2002 and this 'swamp' problem has occurred every 2 or 3 years and my solution has always been to replace the water -- problem solved for the summer. However, last year our water company started metering our water usage and I'd prefer not to refill the pool with tap water if possible. I still have some questions -- the learning process continues, but the water has been sparkling clear for almost 3 weeks now.

Jim & Vicki
    12,000 gal, Steel Frame AG 15' x 30' x 54", Vinyl Liner, 1 HP Proline 19" Sand Filter (100lbs Sand), 2002 Install.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introduction & Thanks

Welcome to TFP and very glad to hear you are enjoying the learning. If you find it fun, it will be easy peezy for you. Questions are good because it means you are thinking. I like to hear it's going well for you, and if you stay with it, your problems will be few and far between.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome! Glad to have you!

I understand the water metering as our city has recently raised rates dramatically. Although it has not affected my family (on a well) much of our community is not happy.

If you maintain your water w/BBB, you shouldn't ever have to drain your pool again.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

You managed to clear a swamp just by reading, no questions?

Congratulations, Pool School Graduate!

How about some pictures?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!