Back again with numbers.....

mrwerk

Jan 22, 2013
I got my pH up to where it belongs and I went to the pool store to get a free water test:

FC .93
pH 7.1
Hardness 5
TA 18
CYA 20

They want me to add 50lbs of calcium. Apparently it can cloud the water and not very fun to pre dissolve.....????? The "school" says to sprinkle it in the deep end????

They also want me to add stabilizer. I think that it is ok

I did however add baking soda.

You have a vinyl pool and don't need CH at all, too much can cause scaling though and the only way to remove it is to replace water. I wouldn't trust the pool store testing, especially the CYA. If it's right you could use more CYA but again the only way to remove it is to replace water. You ought to get one of the recommend test kits in pool school and test your own water.

2. Add enough CYA in your pool to get to 60 ppm.

3. Add enough liquid chlorine into your pool to get to about 4-6ppm and then keep it there until you bring your SWG online.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. Then, adjust your chemistry one parameter at a time. dichlor seems counterproductive in a pool with pH too low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.