Maybe not worth the risk, but worth the question

Hey all,

I have an inground pool and a spa, about 30 feet apart. The pool works wonderfully, it's on a salt system and I got nothing to say against it.

The spa, however....... I hate it. Not the spa, the bromine chemicals and balancing ph and stuff like that.

Now, heres my wild idea... Is there a way to slowly clean the spas water with the inground pools water? Could something nasty happen to the spas plumbing if I tried running it on salt water?

I'd like ideas please :-D

cheers

philwire said:
Hey all,

I have an inground pool and a spa, about 30 feet apart. The pool works wonderfully, it's on a salt system and I got nothing to say against it.

The spa, however....... I hate it. Not the spa, the bromine chemicals and balancing ph and stuff like that.

Now, heres my wild idea... Is there a way to slowly clean the spas water with the inground pools water? Could something nasty happen to the spas plumbing if I tried running it on salt water?

cheers

Man do i ever feel you on this.

I wonder is Jason referring to plumbing changes to accommodate the water circulation between pool and spa, or plumbing changes for Spa to handle salt water?

Biggest issue for me would be hot tub would constantly be running to heat up water, prolly run all the time. Mine would probably die from that.

harleysilo said:
philwire said:
Hey all,

cheers

I wonder is Jason referring to plumbing changes to accommodate the water circulation between pool and spa, or plumbing changes for Spa to handle salt water?

Biggest issue for me would be hot tub would constantly be running to heat up water, prolly run all the time. Mine would probably die from that.

yeah that would also be an issue. especially in winter.
I think I'll wait till the spa dies its slow death then I'll switch to a salt one. Then from time to time I'll dump it to the pool and pump new water from the pool to keep things well mixed up

I think I was just hoping that spa water could be recirculated once a week or something, that would have been worth the effort IMO.

philwire said:
harleysilo said:
philwire said:
Hey all,

cheers

yeah that would also be an issue. especially in winter.
I think I'll wait till the spa dies its slow death then I'll switch to a salt one. Then from time to time I'll dump it to the pool and pump new water from the pool to keep things well mixed up

I think I was just hoping that spa water could be recirculated once a week or something, that would have been worth the effort IMO.

I didn't know they made stand alone hot tubs that used SWG, so getting that when mine is dead!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.