6 way kit

Jun 26, 2007
MA
I seen 6way kit at Walmart I have strips but don't realy know how accurate they are. We can't afford the good testkits right now and the pool store is a 20 minute drive each way. With gas thats too much right now. Do you think the Walmart kit is ok for a bit?

The WalMart HTH 6 way test kit has some serious limitations but it is easily the best test kit available for under $20. The main limitation is that it only has the OTO chlorine test. That can only test TC up to 5 and can't distinguish between FC and CC. The TA and CH tests are more sensitive to interference than the usual Taylor chemistry and the CYA test only comes with enough reagent for three tests.

The test strips will get you in the ballpark and that's it. What brand is the test kit? What dose it test for? I'm no expert, but to me a cheap test kit could be as inaccurate as test strips. I know with the economy the way it is :shock: it might be hard to buy a good kit now, but it might save you money in the long run with chemicals :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.