Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Hampshire Dad...Seeks New Hampshire Pool Pro :-)

1. Back To Top    #1

New Hampshire Dad...Seeks New Hampshire Pool Pro :-)

Hey all,

I'm new to the site. Love it already. It is so great to get quick responses to questions I have had for months...I've been trying to get this pool thing down for the past few years...it can be frustrating.

I like to do what I can, when I can. However, some stuff I'm just not comfortable with...such as a small leak under my pump that will require taking it apart from what I have been able to read. That said, I wouldn't mind finding a handy buddy or pro that won't charge $100 just to come out and look at it. Every time I call a pool company, the pricing seems crazy and they are all too busy to give you more than a pep talk. So, if anybody is good at this stuff in Southern NH, msg me.

Ben
    25,000 Gallon In-ground. DE Filter. Hayward Pump. Fairly new at this, so it's still a pain in the butt.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Hampshire Dad...Seeks New Hampshire Pool Pro :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Benspot
    Hey all,

I'm new to the site. Love it already. It is so great to get quick responses to questions I have had for months...I've been trying to get this pool thing down for the past few years...it can be frustrating.

I like to do what I can, when I can. However, some stuff I'm just not comfortable with...such as a small leak under my pump that will require taking it apart from what I have been able to read. That said, I wouldn't mind finding a handy buddy or pro that won't charge $100 just to come out and look at it. Every time I call a pool company, the pricing seems crazy and they are all too busy to give you more than a pep talk. So, if anybody is good at this stuff in Southern NH, msg me.

Ben
    I am in Southern, NH too. More to the west though, where are you?
    24' round AG 15K gals. DIY solar heater. SolarChlor Max producing free chlorine!!. Pool is crystal clear!! Doing my best to use natural products or processes.

3. Back To Top    #3

Windham/Pelham area.
    25,000 Gallon In-ground. DE Filter. Hayward Pump. Fairly new at this, so it's still a pain in the butt.

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a hike from me. About 2 hours. I am over near RT 12. Fitzwilliam/Richmond area.
    24' round AG 15K gals. DIY solar heater. SolarChlor Max producing free chlorine!!. Pool is crystal clear!! Doing my best to use natural products or processes.

5. Back To Top    #5

Totally understand! Nice to meet you anyway!

6. Back To Top    #6

Wheres the leak at? Anytime I had a leak under my pump, it was due to the ceramic seal. Its a quick fix.

I wasn't comfortable taking apart the motor at first either, but once you do it once its a piece of cake!
    22,700 gallon, 18x36 Vinyl IG - Hayward EC65 Perflex DE Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I think it is a seal of some kind, but I'd much rather do it with someone who knows what they are doing the first time around.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter