Poor guy at pool store.

May 20, 2013
Tulsa, OK
I just want to thank everyone here... I just left the local pool store after signing the contract for my 12x24 doughboy pool. While sitting there filling out paperwork I here a poor soul get talked into 30lbs of shock to get him through the rest of the season. He also left with various bottles of other Crud. Ugh glad I'm not him. The salesmen sounded upset when I told him to keep all his start up chemicals and that I would maintain it myself. Got to love TFP.

heavyweight_4u said:
It sucks knowin you can't save them all. :(

Y'all saved me just recently, but I was already telling a guy I work with who has a pool my troubles and what I'm doing to fix them based on the advice here, but he just doesn't get it. He's got a SWG, but shocks and doses with algacide and PhosFree weekly.

I was showing him the comparison between my test and the pool store's test and he saw phosphates at 100 on the pool store test results and said I need to get some PhosFree in there to get rid of the "algae food" or I'll have big problems. :eek:

Dave

DaveNC said:
I was showing him the comparison between my test and the pool store's test and he saw phosphates at 100 on the pool store test results and said I need to get some PhosFree in there to get rid of the "algae food" or I'll have big problems. :eek:

Dave
That's when you tell him you feed the algae a heavy dose of chlorine when it comes out for din din! :mrgreen:

I would be fired if I worked at a pool store. No other way to put it. :mrgreen:

Robbie, it's easy, my friend shocks every other night, he just walks around and sprinkles some shock in....it's so easy he dosn't even have to measure it.
So I'm told anyways.
I've mentioned bleach, but ya know that stuff wrecks your liner eh!
:hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good for you for telling him to keep his chemicals... I bet he's never heard that one before. I imagine that felt good to you!

cramar... Just a sprinkle of shock every other night keeps the algae away.. ? Hmmm... and I wonder if he's ever noticed how strikingly similiar his pool chemicals smell to bleach ??

Sometimes you just have to laugh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.