Vacation, Run Filter?

May 15, 2013
Ct
The pool is just about clear, still a tad cloudy. I will be going away for 6 days. Should I run the filter? I do have a timer. Ive been getting the pool clean and running the filter but the pressure goes up quick, I am worried about running it at high pressure when no one is around.

Is your only concern about running the filter that your pressure is getting too high? If you don't run your filter, you'll have a mess to clean up when you get back from 6 days away. It sounds like you're in the middle of cleaning up a problem?

Do you have someone who can check on things while you are away? If not open up the filter and clean the grids out well. Put in fresh DE and bring the pool to shock level and use the timer to run the pump. If you feel uncertain about letting the pump run unattended, bring the pool to shock level, let it circulate for about an hour to mix everything in and put on the pool cover if you have one. Turn the pump off just before you leave. With luck you won't loose too much ground while you are away.

No, I dont have anyone to check the pool. I just took the cover off and Its really hard to put on, so Ill have to leave it off. It uses stakes in the ground to hold it on.

Over the next few days I am hoping to get it nice and sparkley, then , like you said, hopefully wont come back it it icky.

Thanks Alot

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.