Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation, Run Filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation, Run Filter?

The pool is just about clear, still a tad cloudy. I will be going away for 6 days. Should I run the filter? I do have a timer. Ive been getting the pool clean and running the filter but the pressure goes up quick, I am worried about running it at high pressure when no one is around.
    Gunnite IG , DE FNSP36, FR90, 14000 gal.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacation, Run Filter?

Is your only concern about running the filter that your pressure is getting too high? If you don't run your filter, you'll have a mess to clean up when you get back from 6 days away. It sounds like you're in the middle of cleaning up a problem?
    Southern CA 30K gal Pebble Pentair WhisperFlo 1HP 2 speed Hayward DE6020 filter Paramount Debris Canister Goldline/Hayward AquaRite Pro SWG (T-CELL 15) Sense & Dispense (acid) Paramount Debris Canister Pentair IntelliBrite 5G and GloBrite Inter-Fab G-Force slide Jandy deck jets Lion head spout Dolphin Premier Cleaner Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have someone who can check on things while you are away? If not open up the filter and clean the grids out well. Put in fresh DE and bring the pool to shock level and use the timer to run the pump. If you feel uncertain about letting the pump run unattended, bring the pool to shock level, let it circulate for about an hour to mix everything in and put on the pool cover if you have one. Turn the pump off just before you leave. With luck you won't loose too much ground while you are away.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

No, I dont have anyone to check the pool. I just took the cover off and Its really hard to put on, so Ill have to leave it off. It uses stakes in the ground to hold it on.

Over the next few days I am hoping to get it nice and sparkley, then , like you said, hopefully wont come back it it icky.

Thanks Alot
    Gunnite IG , DE FNSP36, FR90, 14000 gal.