Stenner, what do I need...

Katana

Mar 29, 2013
So, I really don't think the Liquidator will keep up with my chlorine demand even if I get the kinks worked out...

So next option is Stenner.

I use 3-4 ppm of Chlorine per day in full sun.

I run my pump for 12 hours per day (6am-12pm, 2pm-8pm).

Where do I buy the Stenner systems? And what else would I need.

I assume I can use one of the VARIOUS holes I put into my piping trying to get the Liquidator to work for the Stenner injection?

There's a few things you need to decide before ordering the pump and tank.
1) Are you going to run it with the main pump or on a separate timer?
2) Do you want a fixed or adjustable output pump? You'll need a separate timer if you want the fixed.
3) How large a tank do you want and/or have room for?

If you want to run it with your main pump, you need to know the voltage of your main pump.

Bama Rambler said:
There's a few things you need to decide before ordering the pump and tank.
1) Are you going to run it with the main pump or on a separate timer?
2) Do you want a fixed or adjustable output pump? You'll need a separate timer if you want the fixed.
3) How large a tank do you want and/or have room for?

If you want to run it with your main pump, you need to know the voltage of your main pump.

I thought about adding it to my Aqualink RS system...but I think that would complicate the project??? I do have available aux relays accoring to the touch panle. How hard do you think that would be?

If not directly wired, I have a covered GFCI right next to control box.

What are pro's/con's top fixed/var? So variable pump times itself then? I like that...no additonal timer required to buy...just plug in and set? Noise levels?

I was figuring on a 15 gal tank. Maybe use the LQ tank... LOL

A variable pump is supposed to be a bit louder than a fixed speed pump. I decided on fixed and operating on a different timer ($12 into a GFCI) so I could have total control and not worry about running the pump and adjust the stenner to match, etc. For example....I need to do a heavy vacuuming, and dang the stenner will run for 45 minutes extra that day, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bzeller said:
I'm looking to implement this once our pool is built in the next 6 weeks or so. I need to take a look at various timers, but couldn't one just purchase a timer that powers the stenner for X time once the pump kicks on?

Sure, it all depends on the functions of the timer.

Like I said, I wanted total freedom, so I separated from the pump, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.