Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner, what do I need...

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner, what do I need...

So, I really don't think the Liquidator will keep up with my chlorine demand even if I get the kinks worked out...

So next option is Stenner.

I use 3-4 ppm of Chlorine per day in full sun.

I run my pump for 12 hours per day (6am-12pm, 2pm-8pm).

Where do I buy the Stenner systems? And what else would I need.

I assume I can use one of the VARIOUS holes I put into my piping trying to get the Liquidator to work for the Stenner injection?
    17K Plaster Kidney (17' x 37') w/ Spa
    Jandy DE filter, Jandy JHP 2.0 pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Stenner set up with bleach
    Jandy LJ Heater and Aqualink RS controls

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner, what do I need...

Check out this post and you can search - there are a bunch more.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/how-t...mp-t43736.html
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

Using google I found this site for stenner pumps. If you use the google search at the bottom left of this page and search stenner pumps you will pull up links to several threads on choosing and installing the pumps.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

There's a few things you need to decide before ordering the pump and tank.
    1) Are you going to run it with the main pump or on a separate timer?
    2) Do you want a fixed or adjustable output pump? You'll need a separate timer if you want the fixed.
    3) How large a tank do you want and/or have room for?

If you want to run it with your main pump, you need to know the voltage of your main pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    There's a few things you need to decide before ordering the pump and tank.
    1) Are you going to run it with the main pump or on a separate timer?
    2) Do you want a fixed or adjustable output pump? You'll need a separate timer if you want the fixed.
    3) How large a tank do you want and/or have room for?

If you want to run it with your main pump, you need to know the voltage of your main pump.
    I thought about adding it to my Aqualink RS system...but I think that would complicate the project??? I do have available aux relays accoring to the touch panle. How hard do you think that would be?

If not directly wired, I have a covered GFCI right next to control box.

What are pro's/con's top fixed/var? So variable pump times itself then? I like that...no additonal timer required to buy...just plug in and set? Noise levels?

I was figuring on a 15 gal tank. Maybe use the LQ tank... LOL
    Jandy DE filter, Jandy JHP 2.0 pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Stenner set up with bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

A variable pump is supposed to be a bit louder than a fixed speed pump. I decided on fixed and operating on a different timer ($12 into a GFCI) so I could have total control and not worry about running the pump and adjust the stenner to match, etc. For example....I need to do a heavy vacuuming, and dang the stenner will run for 45 minutes extra that day, etc.

8. Back To Top    #8

It would be nice if I could program it into the Aqualink RS using an empty Aux relay.

I could then program it independantly from the control panel in house.

9. Back To Top    #9

What is the difference between the 45 and 85 series pumps?

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm looking to implement this once our pool is built in the next 6 weeks or so. I need to take a look at various timers, but couldn't one just purchase a timer that powers the stenner for X time once the pump kicks on?
    35'x16' IG geometric with 8'x6' spa (16.5K gallons); White Diamond Pebblesheen w/Abalone Shells; Jandy 460 cartridge filter; Jandy 2HP E pump; Jandy 400K heater; Water Tech Blue Diamond Pro; TF-100 w/SpeedStir

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by bzeller
    I'm looking to implement this once our pool is built in the next 6 weeks or so. I need to take a look at various timers, but couldn't one just purchase a timer that powers the stenner for X time once the pump kicks on?
    Sure, it all depends on the functions of the timer.

Like I said, I wanted total freedom, so I separated from the pump, etc.

12. Back To Top    #12

Katana-- adding it to the aqualink system is a great idea. In that case, I'd get a fixed speed 10 gpd high pressure model. You can get the 120v model too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit