New AQR T-9 install problem

flyboytfp

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2013
SW, FL, USA
Installed new AQR T-9 today and all is well except that unable to select type of cell and no Lcd display. Tried to set switch to auto press diagnostic button repeatedly and no response. Also top four lights are blinking green, next three also blinking red, last one blinking amber. Have tried everything in manual. No go. I must be missing something. What is it?
Configuration is: Cell after filter with hump down flat followed by flow sensor with nut upright flat position next is return line.
Quick question: Since one is supposed to select cell type first which I have not been able to do, I am assuming that cable to cell should not be connected. Is this correct? How bout cable to Flow sensor?
I have confused myself, any and all tips appreciated. Thanks. Jim
PS Tried both ways, made no difference.

Thanks for the tip. After looking inside box, removed cover panel, noticed that pc board holding lcd was not secure, then noticed that of 7 pins that should have been inserted into lower center of same only 6 pins were properly attached, corrected and system came alive. Also used your procedure and selected proper cell. Seems to be working properly now, will let it run and see what happens. I think lcd display is not 100% as it is not showing letters clearly. Otherwise, Ok.
Spoke with Hayward Tec. support guy and his thoughts were bad board and suggested calling local PP service which I did and made appointment for inspection. Now not sure if I should cancel or not. I think it over w/e as appointment is for tue pm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.