Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New AQR T-9 install problem

1. Back To Top    #1

New AQR T-9 install problem

Installed new AQR T-9 today and all is well except that unable to select type of cell and no Lcd display. Tried to set switch to auto press diagnostic button repeatedly and no response. Also top four lights are blinking green, next three also blinking red, last one blinking amber. Have tried everything in manual. No go. I must be missing something. What is it?
    Configuration is: Cell after filter with hump down flat followed by flow sensor with nut upright flat position next is return line.
    Quick question: Since one is supposed to select cell type first which I have not been able to do, I am assuming that cable to cell should not be connected. Is this correct? How bout cable to Flow sensor?
    I have confused myself, any and all tips appreciated. Thanks. Jim
    PS Tried both ways, made no difference.
    11.2K gal, IG pebble, 1.5 HP pump single speed, 200 sq ft cartridge filter, built 1997, Taylor K-2006, SWG Hayward T9 6/13, Borax treatment, Return to 6 wall ports 2" pipe from pad to 1.5" pipe, Return to 8 floor outlets 2" pipe, total of two returns, and two suction pipes both 2", Skimmer(1) Main(1), No Spa or other equipment.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AQR T-9 install problem

You should go ahead and connect both the cell and the flow sensor. Just leave the percentage setting at zero. I believe that will allow you to get into the diagnostics display and set the cell type.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the tip. After looking inside box, removed cover panel, noticed that pc board holding lcd was not secure, then noticed that of 7 pins that should have been inserted into lower center of same only 6 pins were properly attached, corrected and system came alive. Also used your procedure and selected proper cell. Seems to be working properly now, will let it run and see what happens. I think lcd display is not 100% as it is not showing letters clearly. Otherwise, Ok.
    Spoke with Hayward Tec. support guy and his thoughts were bad board and suggested calling local PP service which I did and made appointment for inspection. Now not sure if I should cancel or not. I think it over w/e as appointment is for tue pm.
    11.2K gal, IG pebble, 1.5 HP pump single speed, 200 sq ft cartridge filter, built 1997, Taylor K-2006, SWG Hayward T9 6/13, Borax treatment, Return to 6 wall ports 2" pipe from pad to 1.5" pipe, Return to 8 floor outlets 2" pipe, total of two returns, and two suction pipes both 2", Skimmer(1) Main(1), No Spa or other equipment.

4. Back To Top    #4

Have checked and rechecked all systems appear to be normal. So looks good. Latest numbers follow. Thanks for all help.
    FC 8.0
    CC 0.5
    TC 8.5
    TA 75
    CH 275
    CYA 80
    PH 7.5
    This was with 60% setting have reduced to 40%