Question Intex sand filter

All pools are different so it is impossible to answer that question..too many factors play a role in this..but if your clean pressure is 10 you would backwash and rinse at 12.5 or 13.....how ever long it takes for that to happen is a mystery to me......like bigfoot......lol......Mike

Thx for all the responds,i was thinking with a filter that big i wouldn't have to backwash that often.i have also seen alot of video on youtube where they tell u to back wash for 1min and rinse 30 sec.

Ps: i would like to back wash as little as possible because our water is very very expensive

Hey Hpdad and to all, I bought the 16" 2650 gph intex sand filter, filled the sand a little under the max fill line and I'm getting the same thing. It started and has been just a hair under 10 psi, which is bordering the yellow mark. I've read some other sites this seems to be normal for most. Like others said this will be our "Clean PSI". I bought the big sand filter mainly because it was on a great sale so why not go a little bigger, I was ready to spend 250-300 at the local pool store so when I saw this for under 160 meh, the next one I get will be bigger so I'm thinking ahead I guess. I have the 15 X 48 intex round and there's no way I could run it for 1-2 minutes "PLUS" rinse for 1 minute, the first time I tried it drained just over 1/3 of the water. So to anyone with a smaller pool we will just have to backwash more often, it's working great. I backwash and rinse for 20-30 seconds once every 1-2 weeks depending on debris / storms I have a lot of trees around, being were all outside in the yard anyway it's not a big deal. Take care good luck have fun.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TCJ4 said:
Thanks man,so you backwash for 30 sec and rinse for 30 sec if i'm right??

You backwash until the site glass runs perfectly clear. Rinse for 30-45 seconds afterwards. It'll change every time you do it depending on whats caught in there. Sometimes I need at least 1:30 of backwash, sometimes only 40 seconds. Don't count the time just watch the glass.

hpdad said:
Another thing, there is sand in the sight class since the very first back wash. Should it be a problem?

on my new 2650 intex sandfilter pump, it ALWAYS has sand in the sight glass after backwash UNTIL i rinse it. i just backwash until sand in SG is all i see, then rinse for 30 seconds or until glass is clear.

mine seems to stay at 10psi after a backwash. irregardless of what the manual said (boy its confusing isnt it?! :rant: ) im just going to backwash it once a week, no matter what guage reads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.