Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water level issue is spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Water level issue is spa

Have an issue that I need help with. During the day under normal filtration my spa level is great. I have a valve that allows the water to slowly fill and overflow the spa. During the "cleaning" process the water level in the spa only drops 8 inched and when I run the spa the water stays low, thus making the jets flow about a 1/2 inch below the water line. Not ideal. Ideas on how to fix?
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water level issue is spa

What is the cleaning process? Sounds like the return line may not fully switch to the spa so it drains? Or a leaking check valve?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

We have the return side cleaner. We just amp up the speed the last hour during so it travels faster and has more suction. Im thinking the return line doesnt fully switch. If I send pics can you tell me which one is the return line?
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sure can try.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!