There needs to be a 'Success' thread

FUBAR

May 29, 2013
Charleston, WV
There needs to be a 'Success' thread stickied atop this forum! I just want to thank the people on here for their kind advice. It's thanks to them and this forum that my pool is in the best shape it's been and everybody is enjoying the pool quite much!

It's been only ~2 weeks since ridding BaquaGoo out of my pool and getting it under control via BBB method. So far the pool is REALLY stable on all it's chems. TC stays between 3-7 adding bleach every other day depending on the weather (note I have a clear solar cover,) CC: always 0.5, pH stays around 7.5 mostly and I've only had to add a few pounds of Borax once or twice to bring it up from 7.2 CYA is always a solid 40 and TA floats between 100-110.

I mean at this rate, as long as I adhere to a steady regimen I'm only in it for normal maintenance of $2.75 bottle of bleach every week and half or so, a $5 box of borax will last me at least a month or so and that's it. I mean, for less than $20/month I have a very inviting sparkling pool to jump into! Thanks!!!

9,400 gallon AG Vinyl, 1/2hp - Sand Filter, Fresh water, Solar Water Heater, BBB Method

I would second your suggestion that there needs to be a success thread, but pretty much everyone on the TFP forum has experienced the Success of "a very inviting sparkling pool to jump into!"

That's what makes this forum special: practical, understandable guidelines that lead to success for every pool owner who's willing to jump in.

:lovetfp:

So, congrats to you, and pat yourself on the backstroke! :goodjob:

alanpaul said:
That's what makes this forum special: practical, understandable guidelines that lead to success for every pool owner who's willing to jump in. :lovetfp:

You hit the nail on the head!

fast1971chevelle said:
If you follow the TFP way you will be a success........bottom line.....Mike

'Nuff said.

JasonLion said:
There is always the Testimonials topic.

I'll definitely check that out. I try to tell everybody that I know that has a pool about TFP and the super simple and economical BBB method. I suppose when I bought one of TFTestkits and when other people do the same it helps support and preserve this forum so that's another reason why I try to inform people as well.

9,400 gallon AG Vinyl, 1/2hp - Sand Filter, Fresh water, Solar Water Heater, BBB Method

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.