Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool just got the green light

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool just got the green light

I have a new gunite pool. It was plastered 3 weeks ago and the PB just told me I could start experimenting with the Pentair Inteliflow VS pump. I currently have it running at speed 3, 2350 RPM 24 hrs a day. I have 3 suction side pipes one for the 2 skimmers, one for the floor drains, and one for the waterfall suctions (2 floor looking drains half way up the wall in the shallow end). I have 3 returns. One for the main returns, one for the solar returns (deep in the deep end), one for the sweep. I also have a return to the waterfall that bypasses the filter).

I have the waterfall suction off and I am running a little bit favoring the floor drain about 60/40 floor to skimmer. I only have the main high return open.

At this setting my pressure at the filter is 10. I want to play with slower pump speeds like 1500 RPM and 750 RPM, but my filter pressure reads 2 or 0 at those speeds. Also when I run the waterfall I increase the speed to 2350 RPM or 3110 RPM and open my waterfall suction and return.
    Is it ok to run at zero or 2 PSI on the filter? That is what it is at when i run the pump at 750 or 1500. I can test the pressure on the filter weekly to see if it needs backwash by going up to 2350 RPM where it is usually at 10? I do have an auto chlorinator too, I'm not sure if that needs a certain flow rate?

Sorry for the long post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New pool just got the green light

Reports from others on the forum show similar experiences with 0 psi at low rpm's so it seems normal.

I think the liquid filled gauges are a decent investment and will give you increased longevity and the ability to detect lower psi's.

A flow meter can be informative on a VS pump as well.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool just got the green light

Since I am still operating on the PB warranty this year I don't want to cut any pipes to add flow meters.
    25,000 Gal, Plaster, IG, Auto CL, Waterfall, IntelFlo VS Pump, Dolphin DX6 Robot, TF 100 test kit, Merlin Safety Cover Lots of Trees!, South Eastern Pa