first pool opening..when to do chems?

May 26, 2013
Tennessee
I work 11 hour days, 6 days a week. We are about to get the water to level in our pool. Should I test the water before I leave at 5 a.m. and add chemist then? I cant be home til about 6 p.m. to do anything else. And the pump should be running during all this for a few days at least right? Should I adjust chemist again if I retest when I get home? All of this is slightly confusing, especially due to our working hours. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

First and foremost, you must test the water. You may or may not need anything but only valid test results will tell you that. Once you have interpreted your test results (post them here for assistance) you can then determine what and how much should be added.

I'm right there too. going to setup Pump and Filter tomorrow
TF-100 Kit arrived yesterday. Already, dumped a gallon of liquid chlorine because I knew the water
was going to be stagnant for a day. I'll post my results this weekend.

Hello I don't have a chlorine reading yet to measure after dumping a gallon of 10% two days ago.
Had a high level immediately adding so I thought I should wait a day or two first. Ph is approximately 7.5
No CYA also.Haven't tested for TA yet. My question is do I get the FC up first then test every thing else afterwards?
Also, how soon do I check FC after adding and how long o I run the pump? Do you check while pump runs?
Need help please reply

Here's my readings after first week
FC..5
CC 1.0=TC 1.5
PH 7.5
TA 150
CH 80
CYA 30

1st time checked CC a little alarmed alot of activity this week. It has been over 100 everyday
Starting to get comfortable with test kit now

At 7:45 PST

FC 1.5
CC 0.5

Nice to see CC fall to. 5, a lot kids in pool today . Temps here in Sacramento are staying well
above 100 degrees for a week now. dropped another 1/2 gallon jug 10% tonight we'll see tomorrow
if CC is gone. Hopefully shock treatment won't be needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.